Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Barca rulezzzz.... Once again!!!

To be very frank just before the start of last nights match between Barcelona and Werder Bremen when my roommate asked me for a prediction, I was pretty quick in predicting "I think like all good things, Barca's good run is near to over". I am not the one to comment so easily on such things but after watching them play in the last few matches or almost of the matches I felt something was a miss. It wasn't the same Braca of last two years, The La liga and the European champs suddenly started looking beatable and after their last match against Levante, I was pretty sure that they are on their way out to play the UEFA cup.

I was proved wrong and I am so happy to be proved wrong, The first 45 minutes of the game was stunningly amazing. I could feel the punch, the energy in the game that Barca had been missing this year. The cheeky goal by the magician Ronaldinho was a proof that he is the best brain in football at the moment, coz it was less of an art and more of being smart considering the way he slid the ball below the wall as soon as they jumped. There was more to come, the second goal was more about speed from Giuly and lack of good defending from Bremen. For a moment it looked there would be many more but Barca missed some very good chances to score, anyways this was less about match analysis and more to express my happiness wih Barca qualifying to last 16.

4 comments:

kurt said...

#Asif,

Completely agree wid you...
Barca has lost its shine...
They have only 1 point difference between them & Real Madrid(yeah, they still play football :)) )

I guess, once their top strikers(Eto'o & Messi) return, they should bounce back.

njoi,
Kurt

As If said...

Did u watch yesterday' match? the first half showed what they are all about, an amazing talented team who can beat the hell out of everyone with their speed and skill.

The second showed, what their problems are, they are still a little patchy and often miss out on chances to score.

Anyways the team is short of fire power, especially due to absence of Samuel Eto, the amazing goal scoring machine, waiting 4 hsi return!!!

HP said...

I would just wait for Messi to return coz I believe he is the player to watch out for...

Lets see...

Cheers,
HP
"Hail Chelsea"

kurt said...

# AS If

Dude, i missed the live action, but saw the highlights, Ronaldinho was too good.

Am also waiting for Eto'o return...

# HP

I think Messi will this season, coz his injury was a serious one...

njoi,
Kurt

"HAIL CHELSEA" :)